Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to remove all photos from iPhone. When I go to "Synch Photos from iPhone" I get a message that the iPhone cannot be synched because not enough space is available. How can I take all photos off iPhone?

I have far too many photos on my iPhone want to remove all of them and start fresh. When I go to "Synch Photos from iPhone" and click on "no events" and then click "synch" I get a message that the iPhone cannot be synched because not enough space is available. How can I take all photos off iPhone?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:31 PM

9 replies

Feb 20, 2013 2:36 PM in response to LeeTheThree

The easiest way other than deleting them one at a time, would be to hook it up to your computer, iPhoto comes up if you're on a Mac. It shows all of the photos on your phone, asks if you want to import them, or it will tell you if your photos have all been imported. Then it has a question, keep or delete the photos from your device. Click delete, and voila, they are all removed from your iPhone.

I'm not sure what you'd do if you are using a Windows machine.

Feb 20, 2013 3:24 PM in response to LeeTheThree

That's weird. Okay, what happens with mine is as soon as I plug my iPhone in, iPhoto pops up and immediately shows the photos on my phone, which I find annoying, and asks those questions.

Maybe you could start iPhoto manually after you hook it up to your Mac, then see if IPhoto shows the pictures on your phone. I had that happen with my old iPhone. As soon as I pulled iPhoto up it did show the photos on the phone, and if I wanted to import, then keep or delete them. Maybe try that.

Feb 20, 2013 4:00 PM in response to LeeTheThree

There is a way to delete ALL photos at once directly on your iPhone. Go to "Settings" -> "General" -> "Usage" -> "Photos & Camera".... on the "Cameral Roll" swipe from left to right and you will see a delete button. Press to delete ALL.

You can do the same with the "Photo Library" and "Photo Stream" options. =D

Sep 23, 2013 4:38 PM in response to LeeTheThree

Okay ppl i love taking pictures and i have some of my family that is no longer with us and i cant just delete them i cherish my picture i want to do Photography and lots of my pictures are on my iphone when i plug it up to my lab top it says no new photos or not enough space i dont have the pictures on my computer that are still on my phone plz help :/

I want to remove all photos from iPhone. When I go to "Synch Photos from iPhone" I get a message that the iPhone cannot be synched because not enough space is available. How can I take all photos off iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.