Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Anker Astro 3 charger with a 9V and a 12V setting. Which should I use to recharge my new Ipad (3)?

I have an Anker Astro 3 charger with a 9V and a 12V setting. Which setting should I use for my new (3) Ipad?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 11:24 PM

Hi there,

You use only the 5 volt USB ports. Not the 9 volt and Not the 12 volt one either. The voltage must be 5 volts. 9&12 volt ports will damage your device. Below is a link to the Anker Astro 3. Check out the link. Take a look at the first picture of the Anker Astro 3. It's the photo that shows two USB ports to the left of center of the battery. Anker always labels its ports. The ones I have are labeled on the back of the battery where each port is. The product description says that there are 2 5 volt USB ports for a total output of 2 amps. So you would use one of those for your IPad 3. Hope this helps you.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Astro3-10000mAh-Multi-voltage-output/dp/B005NG KR54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361603389&sr=8-1&keywords=Anker+astro+3

And here is the product description,

Product Features

Huge Capacity, 10000mAh / 3.7V; 4-5 full charges or add 40 hours of talk time to your iPhone 5 / 4S / 4G / 3GS, 3-4 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S3, a full charge for iPad / iPad 2 / Samsung Galaxy Tablets, or 400%+ to most mobile phones' battery life. Also able to charge higher 9V / 12 V devices including netbooks, tablets, digital cameras, DV recorders, PSP, NDS, NDSL

Multi-voltage supports most your mobile devices: Dual 5V 2A USB ports for most smartphones, charge one device with up to 2A output, or dual devices at 2A total max. In addition, 2 voltage options of 9V and 12V can charge your SLR camera, netbook, etc; LED indicates charge level

Portable & stylish design; Easily fits into your bag to provide instant power; PERFECT for long plane flights, road trips, or whenever you need to charge your mobile devices wherever you are

Reliable Lithium Polymer battery ensures high quality; 500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery

Package includes: Anker External Battery / 12 connectors for most phones / 6 tablet connectors / 1 UL-listed AC adapter / 1 DC power wire / 1 USB spring power wire / 1 convenient travel pouch

› See more product details

Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 11:24 PM in response to chrisacker

Hi there,

You use only the 5 volt USB ports. Not the 9 volt and Not the 12 volt one either. The voltage must be 5 volts. 9&12 volt ports will damage your device. Below is a link to the Anker Astro 3. Check out the link. Take a look at the first picture of the Anker Astro 3. It's the photo that shows two USB ports to the left of center of the battery. Anker always labels its ports. The ones I have are labeled on the back of the battery where each port is. The product description says that there are 2 5 volt USB ports for a total output of 2 amps. So you would use one of those for your IPad 3. Hope this helps you.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Astro3-10000mAh-Multi-voltage-output/dp/B005NG KR54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361603389&sr=8-1&keywords=Anker+astro+3

And here is the product description,

Product Features

Huge Capacity, 10000mAh / 3.7V; 4-5 full charges or add 40 hours of talk time to your iPhone 5 / 4S / 4G / 3GS, 3-4 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S3, a full charge for iPad / iPad 2 / Samsung Galaxy Tablets, or 400%+ to most mobile phones' battery life. Also able to charge higher 9V / 12 V devices including netbooks, tablets, digital cameras, DV recorders, PSP, NDS, NDSL

Multi-voltage supports most your mobile devices: Dual 5V 2A USB ports for most smartphones, charge one device with up to 2A output, or dual devices at 2A total max. In addition, 2 voltage options of 9V and 12V can charge your SLR camera, netbook, etc; LED indicates charge level

Portable & stylish design; Easily fits into your bag to provide instant power; PERFECT for long plane flights, road trips, or whenever you need to charge your mobile devices wherever you are

Reliable Lithium Polymer battery ensures high quality; 500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery

Package includes: Anker External Battery / 12 connectors for most phones / 6 tablet connectors / 1 UL-listed AC adapter / 1 DC power wire / 1 USB spring power wire / 1 convenient travel pouch

› See more product details

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2013 3:44 PM in response to chrisacker

Also Anker always includes a small user guide with all of their external batteries. It has highly detailed diagrams and little numbered arrows to help you identify what functions each button, port, etc has and the specs for each one as well.

It is very useful. Didn't you get one with your battery?

If you didn't you can always download one from Ankers website. here is a link to Ankers site and all the info for your battery.

http://www.ianker.com/anker-astro-external-battery-backup-charger/product/79UN5V 2-B16P100A

I have an Anker Astro 3 charger with a 9V and a 12V setting. Which should I use to recharge my new Ipad (3)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.