Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Search on 5th Generation iPod Classic?

My wife and I have identical 5th Generation iPod Classics, both running version 1.3 (though her's is model MA446LL and mine is model PA146LL). At the bottom of her Music menu, there is a SEARCH function, but I do not have this. I have looked all through my settings, and I can't find where this option is enabled.

Is there any reason why my wife's iPod would have this function while mine would not?

Thanks for your help!

-M

iPod (5th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 9:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2013 9:41 PM in response to mrmascari

It appears that there were 2 variations of the 5th gen Classic, sometimes referred to as version 5 and 5.5 and it also appears that the search function is only available in the later version.

check out this link on Search

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38485?viewlocale=en_US

and also

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353#ipodfifth2

iPod (5th generation Late 2006)—also known as iPod with video or Fifth Generation iPod

You can distinguish the iPod (5th generation Late 2006) from the original iPod (5th generation) by the last three digits of the serial number. The iPod (5th generation Late 2006) serial number's last three digits will be one of the following: V9K, V9P, V9M, V9R, V9L, V9N, V9Q, V9S, WU9, WUA, WUB, WUC, and X3N. The Fifth Generation U2 Special Edition iPod (30 GB Late 2006) serial number's last three digits are W9G.

iPod (5th generation)—also known as iPod with video or Fifth Generation iPod

The iPod (5th generation) is a a hard drive-based iPod featuring a large, widescreen color display, a Click Wheel, and the capability of displaying photos and videos. Like iPod nano, it uses USB for syncing and comes in white and black.

No Search on 5th Generation iPod Classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.