Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPLay - IOS 6.1/6.2 IS NOT WORKING

I have: And I Use:

Ipad 1 3G IOS 5.1.1 AirPlay Is working I

Ipad 1 3G IOS 5.1.1 AirPlay Is working !

Ipad 2 3G IOS 6.1.2 AirPlay did before upgrading IOS from 5x*Don't work now !

Ipad 3 3G IOS 6.1.2 AirPlay did before upgrading IOS from 5x*Don't work now !

Iphone 4s IOS 6.1.2 AirPlay did before upgrading IOS from 5x*Don't work now !

Iphone 4 IOS 6.1.2 AirPlay did before upgrading IOS from 5x*Don't work now !

Airplay on Apple-Tv Dont work what ever i Do - with IOS 6.1.2.

Airplay on XBMC is 100% working on all devices.

I tried resetting in all ways:

(Reset all settings, reset network / Keyboard / Home Screen Layout / Location & Privacy)

And I did Erase all content and settings on a divices and nothing did help

I installed the IOS 6.1.2 again from Scratch.

Tried to put the 3G phone card on Ipad and tried all sorts of options and tools settings where all "joins" in1 solutions

Air Play Dont work - and Air-Play do not wonna work.

have used 3 diffrent routers one apple and two Netgear routers, all of them work with iOS 5.1.1 with Airplay & Video / Sound.

The IOS 6.1.2 only give me Airplay with Sound (NO VIDEO) - (Air mirror).

I can not see or select Airplay on anny device against Apple TV with video. Only Sound. I have the same problem with Boxee.

My Ipad 1 (The First One) with IOS 5.1.1 provides me with Airplay!! Video and Sound works on all devices.

My Apple devices are not affiliated a Vendor such as Orange and Vodafone, all my devices from Apple are bought completely open without vendor lock. I live in Norway, but I use all the devices with English language selection.

I have a colleague who lives in England, using Orrage as mobile provider. He has updated 2 pcs. Iphone 4S and 2 pcs Iphone 4 - to iOS 6.1.1.

WHICH WORKS WITH AIRPLAY and stream video and sound to the Apple TV.

Remember his phones have vendor lock! And it works 100% with Airplay.

I have searched for answers to the Airplay issues on the internet for a week now.

There is evidence enough to belive that some have Airplay working on Apple TV with IOS 6.1.2.

Have these users vendor lock on their Iphone / Ipad?

For me the solution as clear as a sunbeam, Apple needs to take responsibility!

-And seriously inform users about the problem !

After all, some of us who have purchased these products because Airplay possible, and used Apple regularly in connection with presentations to mirror the Ipad surface on a video monitor or a large TV screen. This use its use is now ending. We have to replace our expensive products with PC, or buy an use cables or other devices which can mirror the display on to a projector.

Take responsibility Apple, and inform us users in a serious way, not with 100 different explanations that could resolve the problem, or outright false statements.

Only Apple can currently get away with not informing their customers, and still sell their product.

Apple has misinformed in their marketing to customers with a lying, false information that your prodkter have AirPlay.

Probably this is a software problem that can be solved in an update of the IOS again, but we as users are entitled to and we need information about AirPlay, and when a solution will be in place.

Otherwise, users must find other solutions without Apple.

PS: Does anyone have another solution I would love to hear about it!

Sincerely, a very annoyed Apple user.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.2, Error AirPlay

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 1:36 PM

5 replies

Feb 27, 2013 1:55 PM in response to SteinAune

I have a 3rd-generation iPad WiFi+3G with iOS 6.1.2 and AirPlay works just fine with video and audio, so it's not a global fault with iOS 6.1.2, anyway. Nor does AirPlay have anything to do with your cell carrier, since AirPiay works only via WiFi. Perhaps if instead of postling long rambling rants you'd just calmly post your details - sans large colored fonts, please - someone can help you get thing sorted out.

Otherwise, you can comment to Apple via their feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Regards.

Feb 27, 2013 2:33 PM in response to SteinAune

Whatever. I have no interest in trying to decode your rant and try to get you to post the pertinent details. If you don't want to cooperate, that's your choice. Apple has some troubleshooting suggestions here that may help:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4215

Beyond that I'm not taking further time since you apparently have no interest in trying to work with us, who are all just your fellow users here, to try and help us help you.

Good luck finding a solution.

Jul 9, 2014 7:52 PM in response to SteinAune

i am seeing a similar problem.

i have iPad 4 (iOS 7.1.2) and AppleTV 3 (iOS 6.2)

i cannot AirPlay to the AppleTV after updating to 6.2. The AppleTV shows up in my airplay menu on the iPad, but when I try to play, he AppleTV gives me an error message "an error occurred loading this content. Try again later"

the the content I am trying to view is Quicktime from the apple developer site

https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2014/?id=208

i tried to view the same video from the iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1.2) via airplay to the AppleTV, and I got the same error.

Strangely, I CAN view YouTube content. over AirPlay to the AppleTV from both the iPad and the iPhone.

AirPLay - IOS 6.1/6.2 IS NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.