Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up iMessage on my iPad. Unable to receive/send messages with my phone number

Hi! I went through the tutorial on setting up my text messaging on my iPad, but it won't allow me to add my phone number; it only defaults to my email address. I feel as if i have typed in my apple account password 50 hundred times, but to no avail. I even tried to manage my apple account, thinking i needed to add my phone number there but my phone number is already on my account and will not register under "Settings", "Messages" Please help!

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 8:12 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2013 8:18 PM in response to Alice249

If your iPhone and iPad are both running iOS 6, and your iPhone successfully registered it's phone number in Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, all you should have to do on your iPad is go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and sign in with the same Apple ID you are using on your phone.

If it is, and it still isn't working, try going to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in.

How do I set up iMessage on my iPad. Unable to receive/send messages with my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.