Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 3gs is frozen in an app, wont respond to any buttons held down, and isnt recognized when plugged into itunes. How do I fix it??

My iphone 3gs is frozen in an app. It wont respond when I press any buttons, including holding down the home and top button for 10 seconds. When I plug it into my charger or itunes, nothing happens. Itunes doesnt even recognize its plugged in. Please help.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:49 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2013 1:53 PM in response to kkrushen

I would start by holding your power button and your home buttons for longer than 10 seconds, ignoring the power off red slider until the apple logo appears. Some times it takes longer than 10 seconds for the apple logo to appear. If that doesn't do it, then probably you will have to put your phone in DFU mode to try to restore it via iTunes.

Mar 1, 2013 2:17 PM in response to kkrushen

Leave it on the charger for at least 30 minutes, then see if you can force it into recovery mode:

Leave the USB cable connected to your computer, but NOT your phone, iTunes running, press & hold the home button while connecting the USB cable to your dock connector, continue holding the home button until you see “Connect to iTunes” on the screen. You may now release the home button. iTunes should now display that it has detected your phone in recovery mode, if not quit and reopen iTunes. If you still don’t see the recovery message repeat these steps again. iTunes will give you the option to restore from a backup or set up as new.

My iphone 3gs is frozen in an app, wont respond to any buttons held down, and isnt recognized when plugged into itunes. How do I fix it??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.