Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i fitted a new dock connector now my phone wont connect to my computer or charge

Hello I my iphone 3g's dock connector was broken so I fitted a new one now my computer (windows 7) will not recognize it on top of that it will not charge properly it gets some charge but does not charge correctly (no charging symbol in top right ) and my camera is not working right I can click on it but the shutter will not open any help I will be very gratefully HELP!!!

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2, i have tried 4 different connectors

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 3:31 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2013 4:23 PM in response to Ben_441

Well, since the iPhone is not considered user serviceable, and since Apple does not sell parts and there are no legitimate sources for Apple parts, it's possible that:

a) you purchased defective, bogus, or otherwise non-working parts.

b) you broke something when disassembling it or reassembling it.

c) The dock connector was not the problem to begin with, or at least not the entire problem.

It seems your choices are:

a) figure out what you did wrong and fix it.

b) buy more parts in hopes that the ones you get actually work.

c) find a competent repair shop

d) buy a new phone.

Apple will not give you a discounted out of warranty replacement. You forfeited the ability to do that the minute you opened it.

i fitted a new dock connector now my phone wont connect to my computer or charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.