Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Ipad Mini... just bought... my daughter typed in the wrong password too many times... now it hangs there and says ipad disabled connect to itunes... i followed everything on the internet ... holding the on/switch and home key togather until

I have an Ipad Mini... my daughter typed in the wrong password too many times.. now the ipad just hangs there and on the screen it says.. ipad disabled..connect to itunes.. i did what was stated on the internet like holding the home key and the on off switch to go into recovery mode.. but it always kicks out and the ipad boots up and go into that screen again and the message from itunes is to enter the passcode on the ipad.. which is not possible.. the ipad is not responding... what do i do now...

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:40 PM

26 replies

Mar 2, 2013 6:52 PM in response to joyce_7640

See Here > http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

You may need to try this More than Once...

Some users have reported that as many as 8 or 9 attempts were necessary before success...

Be sure to Follow ALL the Steps...

Pay particular attention to steps 3 and 4...

If you still have issues...

Then a Visit to an Apple Store or AASP (Authorized Apple Service Provider) is the Next Step...

Be sure to make an appointment first...

Mar 2, 2013 6:53 PM in response to joyce_7640

Make sure that you are performing the steps correctly. It can take a few tries to get it right.

• Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  • Turn off iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for iPad to turn off.
  • If you cannot turn off iPad using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the iPad turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPad. When you reconnect the USB cable, iPad should power on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button.
  • If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the recovery mode alert that iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Use iTunes to restore iPad.

Mar 2, 2013 6:58 PM in response to joyce_7640

1. Turn off iPad

2. Connect USB cable to computer; leave the other end alone

3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen

5. Release the Home button

6. Open iTune

7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"

8. Use iTune to restore iPad

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times. Got this from another discussion

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4452544?start=0&tstart=0

Mar 2, 2013 7:03 PM in response to joyce_7640

When Recovery Mode is entered correctly neither the iPad nor iTunes should say anything about the passcode. We'd be happy to help, but you're going to have to work with us.

Now, let me try to explain it another way:

First, turn the iPad off if it isn't already. Next, hold down the home button (below the screen). Continue to hold the button when you plug in the iPad to the computer, which should power it on. Do not release until the iPad displays a "Connect to iTunes" screen. Then follow the prompts in iTunes. It should say it detected a device in Recovery Mode.

I have an Ipad Mini... just bought... my daughter typed in the wrong password too many times... now it hangs there and says ipad disabled connect to itunes... i followed everything on the internet ... holding the on/switch and home key togather until

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.