Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocked full price iPhone got locked to previous carrier - now my phone is not working

I paid full price for an unlocked iPhone purchased directly from Apple. I tried to switch carriers yesterday and the move got stuck because the phone was locked to the first carrier I got service with. I went to the Apple store and submitted a service request to have the phone unlocked but it is still showing NO SERVICE.

How difficult can it be to get this phone unlocked? Why is it taking so long?

I don't have service and I have a heart condition and I need a working phone! If it isn't working by the time the stores open this morning, then I am going to purchase an Android phone, and take this iPhone back to the Apple store and throw it in their trash like the worthless piece of garbage it is.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2, phone locked to previous carrier

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 6:26 AM

7 replies

Mar 3, 2013 7:52 AM in response to shldr2thewheel

No, I shouldn't be patient and wait several days for Apple to fix THEIR ERROR - they screwed up and locked a phone I paid full price for and purchased UNLOCKED. It's not my fault that their systems are so slow and difficult when I paid APPLE full price - over $800 - for an UNLOCKED phone to avoid exactly this problem. I shouldn't have to suffer wtihout phone service because APPLE scerwed up - they should fix THEIR ERROR right away and not make me wait for days.

I need to have working phone service to talk to my doctor and cardiologist and surgeon about heart surgery coming up. Or to call 911, heaven forbid. I am going to go buy an Andriod phone today.

Apple is dead to me.

Unlocked full price iPhone got locked to previous carrier - now my phone is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.