Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 Stuck at Apple Logo (Recovery Mode)

We have a few people at work that we have purchased iPads for about 2 years ago. One user's iPad is not working any longer and is stuck on a black screen with the apple logo. He claims he did do the latest update on the iPad a few days ago but it had been working fine. He noticed the charge was getting low so he plug it in at his desk to leave it alone and let it charge. He left it charged for about 2 hours and when he goes to use it it is stuck on the apple logo/black screen and can not do anything. I come to look at it and try holding the wake/sleep top button to see if i can get it to shutdown, the apple logo will go away but it is just a black screen, and if i press the home button it shows the apple logo again. if i hold down wake/sleep and home button at the same time it will show to connect to itunes. So on a computer with itunes i connect it while holding the buttons down but nothing would ever show in itunes. I tried on another pc with itunes and did the same thing this time it showed on itunes that it was in recovery mode and to select restore, it shows itunes is restoring software and shows the apple logo with a progress bar and it finishes, then progress bar shows again and then seems to finish again. It just keeps showing the apple logo and wont do anything. The first time i used recovery mode and tried to restore the factory defaults it showed like it finished but then showed the battery logo like the battery was almost dead but it had been charging a while before i unplugged it. I left it charged over night but still just shows apple logo and after about a minute the apple logo will go away and it will be just a black screen but the apple logo keeps showing. I also tested the charger for the ipad2 and it works fine on another ipad so there is no issue with the charger. Is there anything else i can try or will i just have to call apple?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 6:49 AM

1 reply

iPad 2 Stuck at Apple Logo (Recovery Mode)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.