Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove my number from iMessage on my IPad .

Just bought a new phone with data package , as soon as I turned it on, my iPad asked me to link the iPhone 5 number to my iPad iMessage , I said yes, and that was the mistake, both iPad and iPhone getting messages when I send it to either.

I tried to switch in between all the other emails registered on my iMessage , but no luck.

Any One have an idea how to remove the number from iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2, iMessage number can't be removed

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 9:06 AM

When you sign in to your Apple ID with iMessage using an iPhone with iOS 6, your Apple ID is linked to your phone number. This allows you to receive iMessages sent to your phone number on other iOS 6 devices signed in to the same Apple ID. If your phone number is not listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow this article.

When another iOS device enables iMessage with your Apple ID, you will receive an alert:

Email Address Added to "[device name]"

"[device name]" is now using "[Apple ID]" for iMessage.

To remove phone number for iPad or iPod:

On the iPhone and iPad sign out Messages. Then sign into the iPad. Then sign into the iphone

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2013 9:06 AM in response to Teejay77

When you sign in to your Apple ID with iMessage using an iPhone with iOS 6, your Apple ID is linked to your phone number. This allows you to receive iMessages sent to your phone number on other iOS 6 devices signed in to the same Apple ID. If your phone number is not listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow this article.

When another iOS device enables iMessage with your Apple ID, you will receive an alert:

Email Address Added to "[device name]"

"[device name]" is now using "[Apple ID]" for iMessage.

To remove phone number for iPad or iPod:

On the iPhone and iPad sign out Messages. Then sign into the iPad. Then sign into the iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.