Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes will ONLY backup my iPhone ONCE (not the three options for rollback as promised) HELP! :-)

Hi there,

thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this, but, my iTunes will perform a backup on my iPhone ONCE. By which I mean, it will do another new backup again if I want it to, and that's all fine... but it's supposed to hold (I think) THREE states of backup that the user has saved at various points in order that the user can choose and rollback/restore from whichever one they want.

There is none of that. I get the drop-down menu if I choose to restore... but it's pointless as there's only ever one option.

At the moment, no matter how close together I perform the backups, or how far apart... I get ONE backup saved in my iTunes.

As far as I can tell this is also ONE backup between iCloud or the computer. i.e. I don't get one for each. Just whichever I performed most recently.

iTunes absolutely DID NOT used to do this. I used to get the three options and it took a little bit of a wait for the backup process to go through fully.

Can anybody help or shed some light on this?

As a sidenote: It's slightly concerning that the backup process it performs is now lightning quick and it almost seems as if it's doing nothing, when in fact my iPhone is absolutely, irresponsibly rammed with everything... hence the worrying need for backups and solving this issue etc. etc.

Please can anyone help me with this, or even give a little support?

P.S. Yes, I fully anticipate being told not to have my iPhone so stuffed etc. etc. It's got about 1-2gb free and I figure you should get to use what you pay for 🙂

Thank you so much in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 8:40 AM

There are no replies.

My iTunes will ONLY backup my iPhone ONCE (not the three options for rollback as promised) HELP! :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.