Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A way to get apps for 2nd gen ipod touch?

Well i posted before on this issue, i got my ipod screen replaced and i restored it, once i got it back i attempted to redownload all my apps from my purchased section of itunes, they all downloaded attempted to transfer to my ipod and only a few like 5 installed. Upon some research majorioty of the apps i bought and had updated to require ios 5 or at least above the max 2g 4.2.1. So now im out games i bought, and im not going to replace a perfectly fine ipod just because a requirement changed. I did not have any backup or previous sync as was using a new install of windows and itunes so nothing was backup. I was never notified on app update and to accept or decline it as they didnt ipdate from my pc files or from my ipod. Its the only way they can be downloaded from itunes and no way to download the old version that is compatible on my touch. I would of went to apple support but the get started button on the support screen is broke and when clicked does nothing, no loading signs just a broken button. This did not work with firefox or google chrome nor does it work with explorer. So beside i've been ripped off on my apps, apparently they dont want me contacting support, def feel like a valued customer

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 7:14 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2013 8:26 PM in response to deggie

Trying to get the old versions of the apps, i paid for the apps and they previously worked with my ipod without a warning i no longer have a compatible device that can use these apps as the requirements changed, if i had a backup of the older versions i would have used them.

If u paid for something and it worked and then all the sudden u could no longer use it because some small change that you had no choice to do or not to do, and then ur money was spent on useless items ud be happy? I cant use facebook, unblock me, angry birds, or over half my apps and some that have no reason to be updated to iOs 5 as there are super simple games/apps.

Also since the support button does not work I'm trying to get the attention of a moderator or someone who can help me get some where.

Mar 6, 2013 8:36 PM in response to Lazyboy947

You can use your browser to access Facebook, the free Angry Birds still works with iOS 4.2.1.

You should have backed up all of those apps locally. In the future make sure you do so.

I passed on the information to the moderators regarding the button. But I seriously doubt anyone is going to be able to do anything for you.

A way to get apps for 2nd gen ipod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.