Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the original Ipad, an Iphone 5s, and an Ipod touch... I just gave my iPad to my grandkids, I set them up with their own Apple ID and tried to delete the contacts off the ipad but it also deleted them from my iphone and ipod. How do I stop this?

I have the original Ipad, an Iphone 5s, and an Ipod touch... I just gave my iPad to my grandkids, I set them up with their own Apple ID and tried to delete the contacts off the ipad but it also deleted them from my iphone and ipod. How do I stop this?

iPad, also iphone 5s and ipod touch 4th

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:48 PM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2013 9:02 PM in response to MotleyCruise

I would recomend a complete factory restore on the device you gave to your grandkids. If you do not feel comfortable doing that you can log into your account through the apple site and go to the manage device feature. There you will find the ability to diconnect the specific device from your apple ID. The mistake people tend to make when handing a device off to another close friend or family member is the clearing of the original ID. You need to seperate the hand me down device from your personal apple network in essence. Creating a new ID will not accomplish this because the synced signature from your orriginal account will still remain and affect the info on your apple device network. Especially if you plug it into your computer directly, to charge, it will continue to recongize and sync regardless of which ID you are logged into.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.