Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i unlock my disabled ipad

Im having problems unlocking my kids ipad

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 4:18 PM

If you mean that the iPad is locked because of a forgotten Passcode, you have to restore the device within iTunes. You want to use the same computer that you always sync with so that you can restore your iTunes content. You can restore with any other computer, but you will lose everything on the iPad.

Instructions can be found here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

You will probably need to restore using Recovery Mode. You can read about it here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

Recovery Mode Instructions from the support article.

• Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  • Turn off iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for iPad to turn off.
  • If you cannot turn off iPad using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the iPad turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPad. When you reconnect the USB cable, iPad should power on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button.
  • If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the recovery mode alert that iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Use iTunes to restore iPad.
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2013 4:18 PM in response to elizabethcortes

If you mean that the iPad is locked because of a forgotten Passcode, you have to restore the device within iTunes. You want to use the same computer that you always sync with so that you can restore your iTunes content. You can restore with any other computer, but you will lose everything on the iPad.

Instructions can be found here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

You will probably need to restore using Recovery Mode. You can read about it here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

Recovery Mode Instructions from the support article.

• Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  • Turn off iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for iPad to turn off.
  • If you cannot turn off iPad using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the iPad turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPad. When you reconnect the USB cable, iPad should power on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button.
  • If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the recovery mode alert that iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Use iTunes to restore iPad.

Aug 27, 2016 5:55 AM in response to elizabethcortes

after I tried to update IOS version on my son's iPad 2 16 G, in the middle of installation the iPad is stuck and say connect to iTunes, because there is no enough memory space to install new version, I didn't check to delete some apps, I tried connecting to different laptops using iTunes, it didn't work, I tried recovery mode, and DFT mode as well, none of them works, does my son's iPad is garbage, now I have no access to the I pad to be able to delete some apps.

there is no iColud, passcode, or any accounts on it, so it is not disabled because of passcodes or apple accounts

please anyone can help, is there an option in iTunes to fix that and I do not know?

Aug 27, 2016 5:55 AM in response to elizabethcortes

after I tried to update IOS version on my son's iPad 2 16 G, in the middle of installation the iPad is stuck and say connect to iTunes, because there is no enough memory space to install new version, I didn't check to delete some apps, I tried connecting to different laptops using iTunes, it didn't work, I tried recovery mode, and DFT mode as well, none of them works, does my son's iPad is garbage, now I have no access to the I pad to be able to delete some apps.

there is no iColud, passcode, or any accounts on it, so it is not disabled because of passcodes or apple accounts

please anyone can help, is there an option in iTunes to fix that and I do not know?

Aug 27, 2016 6:04 AM in response to hawarfrombristol

What happens when you connect it to a computer's iTunes ('didn't work' , 'none of them works' ?), are you getting any error messages/codes ? Does your computer's iTunes recognise the iPad ? If not have you got a recent OS on the computer and an up-to-date version of iTunes installed on it : If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support ?

(and there is no need to keep posting the same thing on multiple threads)

how do i unlock my disabled ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.