Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI GREYED OUT / NOT CONNECTING.

So this is probably the 10000th post about a wifi problem and I find it quite pathetic how Apple has done nothing or come up with anything to solve this. Apple stores are also no use in solving the problem. Maybe it is time to change to android like hundred of others have.

iPhones 4s

I've had my phone for about a year now on iOS. 5.1.1 and my wifi was perfectly fine. Upgraded to iOS 6.01 and still it was great upgraded to 6.1.1 and still it was good until about a few weeks after I upgraded to iOS 6.1.2, wifi stopped connecting to all networks and couldn't pick up any wireless nets. Is that because of the software or some kind of bug ?

I've also done everything from soft/hard resetting to rebooting several times and still nothing works.

The first time, my wifi GREYED out. Than I managed to get it back, it connected for about a minute and off again picking up no signals.

It's GREYED out about six times and back to normal, now that I've got it back I'm not gonna bother trying anything else. But it ain't picking up any wireless networks at all. Is there a way to fix that? And is that hairdryer theory real ?

I'm just wandering has anyone found a way to downgrade back to iOS 5.1.1? Apparently it would be easier If the phone was jail broken as iOS 5.1.1. Mine isn't but I've got it jail broken and have installed now on iOS 6.1.2? Anyway to do this without network connection on the phone ?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:28 PM

5 replies

Mar 12, 2013 10:22 PM in response to MissyR

Hi..!!

I am having same issue after ios 6.1.2 on my iphone 4s. I have purchased the device as unlocked from USA.

I think apple is just ignoring the problem, they are not even acknowleging the problem. I think apple is going to pay for this.

We have to wait for ios 6.1.3 i guess..!! because i can bet this is not a hardware issue.

Mar 13, 2013 8:47 AM in response to MissyR

Same problem for me on iPhone 4S... Everything 100% fine, 6.1.2 upgrade, no more WiFi, no more Bluetooth...

Tried everything (excepted the hair dryer...), no success.

Apple's attitude is just scandalous given the sheer number of complaints !!!

I've spent quite some years writing embedded software and device drivers (in the industry and in the aerospace areas), just greying out the WiFi button is plain stupid, some usable error message and/or message in some error log is really the minimum one can expect from professional developers !!

Wake-up Apple developers !!!

Just imagine the iPhone 4s would be the heart of a plane's flight computer !!! No one would fly Apple anymore !!!!

Sound stupid to you ?? Don't think so... this is the kind of question any serious developer should ask to himself...

If Apple thinks they can further succeed while ignoring their customer's problems, and gambling with quality... they're wrong, so wrong they can't even imagine...

WIFI GREYED OUT / NOT CONNECTING.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.