Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ultimately all i need is a basic phone. Plans now offer the iPhone for the same rate. I'm curious as to the music specs of the iPhone 4. Should I get it, replace my old iPod, and have the option for data later?

Ultimately all i need is a basic phone. Plans now offer the iPhone for the same rate. I'm curious as to the music specs of the iPhone 4. Should I get it, replace my old iPod, and have the option for data later?

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 5:34 PM

5 replies

Mar 13, 2013 5:55 PM in response to KiltedTim

The iPod Touch costs $200, the iPhone 4 i can get for free with a plan that I need to begin regardless. My question is about the music capabilities of the iPhone. Ultimately having a data package would be ideal. Also, we all know apple equipment is better quality than the "dumb phones." It makes more sense to get the iPhone to me.

Mar 14, 2013 4:28 AM in response to Jodie1980

The plan required to get the iPhone 4 free requires a data subscription. That's the point. You can't get the phone free and subscribe to data later. The only way to get an iPhone without having to subscribe to a data plan is to buy an unlocked phone, making the entry price for the 4 $450.

The iPhone 4 only has 8GB of storage.

I honestly don't know what "music specs" you're looking for. As a music player, the iPhone works fine. Any model of iPhone.

The problem you're going to have is how much music you can take with you in that limited amount of storage, which also has to hold any photos or videos you take, apps you decide you want, etc. The same goes for the 4S.

The only way you're going to get higher capacity is get an iPhone 5. Those start at $199 subsidised for 16GB with a 2 year contract. The contract will probably run you arount $80 a month including data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.