Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S no longer has a personal hotspot feature. Why?

I have a black 16 GB iPhone 4S with Telus Mobility in Canada, with the newest iOS version (as of right now I'm running iOS 6.1.2). When I first got my iPhone in January 2012 it had the ability to create a personal hotspot for sharing my data with other devices.

I changed my Telus rate plan in early February and didn't immediately notice anything. However, last night I noticed that my 4S no longer has a personal hotspot feature in the Settings app. My friend has an iPhone 4S on Rogers Wireless and he still has a personal hotspot feature, as does my friend on Telus with an iPhone 5.

Does anybody know or have any idea why my iPhone 4S no longer gives me the option to use my iPhone as a personal hotspot? Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 11:18 AM

5 replies

Mar 14, 2013 11:19 AM in response to benny.benzino

benny.benzino wrote:

I have a black 16 GB iPhone 4S with Telus Mobility in Canada, with the newest iOS version (as of right now I'm running iOS 6.1.2). When I first got my iPhone in January 2012 it had the ability to create a personal hotspot for sharing my data with other devices.

I changed my Telus rate plan in early February and didn't immediately notice anything. However, last night I noticed that my 4S no longer has a personal hotspot feature in the Settings app. My friend has an iPhone 4S on Rogers Wireless and he still has a personal hotspot feature, as does my friend on Telus with an iPhone 5.

Does anybody know or have any idea why my iPhone 4S no longer gives me the option to use my iPhone as a personal hotspot? Thanks!

My iPhone 4S no longer has a personal hotspot feature. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.