Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 3gs 16gb will not back up, since mid December 2012. I have the newest iOS, any suggestions?

Cannot back up through itunes. I have tried different computers. My wifes 3gs works, and my ipad works. Any suggestions?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:07 PM

10 replies

Mar 15, 2013 7:08 AM in response to mr_biggle

It sounds like data corruption on the phone. I've seen a few reports like this, and the news hasn't been good. The only way people have fixed it is to restore the phone as New and manually add back content. Most of your content can be synced to other apps on your computer (contacts, calendar, notes, photos), and music, video and apps can be restored, but app data will be lost unless the app itself has a way of syncing and preserving data.

Mar 15, 2013 9:12 AM in response to mr_biggle

There's no way to back up messages, other than to foward them to your iCloud iMessage ID. Contacts is easy; either go to Settings/iCloud and enable contact sync with iCloud (and anything else you want to preserve), or with the phone connected go to the iPhone tab, then the Info screen in iTunes and check the Sync Contacts (and Sync Calendars if you want them saved also). Just make sure the app you choose to sync to has at least 1 entry before syncing.

My iphone 3gs 16gb will not back up, since mid December 2012. I have the newest iOS, any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.