Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 3gs 16Gb

My iPhone 3gs previously had water damage. I took it to a tech expert and he fixed it then it worked for around 2 days then stopped. It boots up fine when connected to a wall charger I had it cleared when he fixed it so when plugged up it says connect to itunes. When you unplug it it dies even though it shows 100 percent battery plus he put a new battery in. I figured since it said it need itunes I would plug it in and see if after I activated and synced it if it would be fine after but, when connected thru the usb to computer it tries to boot up then shuts off and then again tries and fails. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 10:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2013 10:38 AM in response to KCobb24

What tech expert did the work on this iPhone? Since Apple does not do this type of work, did you get any kind of guarantee?

Apple will not work on a water damaged iPhone because the unit cannot usually be repaired but must be replaced. Try visitng and Apple store genius bar and see what they will do for you regarding a replacement for out-of-warranty damage.

Mar 25, 2013 1:19 PM in response to KCobb24

Unfortunately I did not get any kind of warranty even though I should have and I also don't remember the tech guy I took this to. I did however talk to some company I think it was Techzilla or something and they said they could help me and said it would most likely be the motherboard or something since the battery charges and the phone did work for a shirt amount if time before giving out

My iPhone 3gs 16Gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.