Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 7 bluetooth mouse not working

From my macbook air with bootcamp windows 7 my bluetooth mouse is not working. It was working before and it still works fine under mac os but I don't know why it's not working anymore under Windows 7. I also tried to find bluetooth from control panel or device manager but bluetooth is not showing. Anyone can help me to solve this problem? Thanks.

MacBook Air, iOS 5.1.1, bluetooth mouse

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 3:43 AM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2013 10:12 PM in response to Matrix Ozik

My first suggestion would be to re-install the Bootcamp installation support files whilst in Windows 7 mode - i.e. the files you presumably downloaded & created either onto an optical disc or USB memory stick or USB drive at the very beginning of your Windows 7 Bootcamp installation.

Failing this, you might want to start by temporarily deleting your bluetooth mouse in Mac OS X (from the list of different bluetooth devices shown under 'System Preferences/Bluetooth'), then re-booting up into Windows 7 mode and re-installing your bluetooth mouse. If it asks for a code for your mouse, and you don't have one, try entering '0000' (excluding the inverted commas). Then go back to Mac X operating system and re-install your bluetooth mouse.

NB: when in Windows 7, there might be a small triangle along the taskbar (bottom right-hand-side of the Windows 7 screen) which unhides any hidden icons. If this is present, left-click on the triangle and then left-click on the bluetooth icon (if present) and select 'Add a Device'. Then make your mouse 'discoverable' by switching it off then on again and follow onscreen instructions.

Hope that one or more of these suggestions will be at least of some help.

Yan

Jul 6, 2013 1:09 PM in response to UnseenShinigami

getting blue tooth device to work after install

iMac 21.5 inch OS X Lion (10.8.4), Bootcamp 5 install of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

At the end of my install, I noticed that Bootcamp was not available from Windows (e.g., no hidden taskbar

icon). Other issues with missing USB drivers. Magic mouse worked ok, except the trackpad-like swiping

features were absent. Ran setup in the BootCamp folder of the thumb drive (not the setup in the thumb

drive's root directory), which indicated it was a continuing install (guess somehow the first one stopped

prematurely), installed all the special Apple etc. drivers for the Bootcamp interface with Windows.

After restart, all the troubleshooter warnings for USB devices had cleared, but Magic mouse was not

communicating with system.

Attached a standard Microsoft optical USB mouse.

Then, in Windows control panel > devices and printers:

right clicked the magic mouse's icon (was labeled apple-username's mouse)

selected Services tab

(Bluetooth Services refreshes, then shows checkbox for Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID))

check the checkbox

Windows installs the driver and the magic mouse works with all its features in Windows.

incidentally, noticed that had lots of internet cutouts with both wi-fi and lan connected. maybe an issue

with my ISP, don't know, although issue only apparent in Windows, not Mac OS X.

Bootcamp Windows 7 bluetooth mouse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.