Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay and Airplay Mirroring not working in MAC OS 10.8.3

The problem is the Macbook Air will not start an Airplay connection with the AppleTV. The Airplay Mirroring attempts to start on the MAcbook Air and then after 20 - 30 seconds it goes back to a blue screen and rescales back to the Macbook Airs native resolution. My AppleTV and 3 month old Macbook Air(10.8.3) are both up to date with all software updates. I have even restarted my Airport Express

Also, the "sound output" in system preferences will not allow me to select Airplay as a source for audio.

Airplay and AppleTV are working with all iOS devices.

Airplay worked prior to the update to 10.8.3.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Apple support article:

AirPlay Mirroring - Troubleshooting

4 replies

Mar 20, 2013 12:03 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric Roots link to AirPlay Mirroring - Troubleshooting solved the airplay problem. I realized that I had turned my Firewall on around the same time that my OS was updated.

I am able to keep the Firewall on and allow access by "Itunes only" under one of the dialogue boxes for the Firewall. By allowing Itunes access to through the Firewall, I now have full airplay functionality.

Thanks Eric

Airplay and Airplay Mirroring not working in MAC OS 10.8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.