Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect my Canon Wireless Printer to my iMac

I am new to imac and I am having trouble trying to setup my wireless Canon Pixma MG8150. Its not being recgonised by my imc even though I have the wifi connected to the printer. Can anyone help? Do I need the Airport Express Base Station for this?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 2:55 PM

• I have the wifi connected to the printer.

So you know the printer's IP address?

In System Preferences, click on Print and Scan. Click on the + to add a printer. Next window, click on IP, and enter the IP address in the first line.

20 replies

Mar 20, 2013 6:04 AM in response to mara_girl

I have Canon Pixma MP560 wireless printer and scanner. Have you installed the Canon software and drivers on your iMac? You can go to Canon website and find the software based on your printer model. Maybe this is what you need: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/Products_OLD/MG8140MG8150.aspx? type=download&page=1

You can filter by software and by your operating system. I typically install all of them except the My Image Garden because as far as I know it's for organizing photos.

After installing, the Wireless Setup Assistant can be used to help you connect to your printer. Or you can also add/remove printers and scanners in your System Preferences.

The printer and your iMac need to be connected to the same router so they are on the same LAN.

Mar 20, 2013 5:48 PM in response to Eustace Mendis

I installed the driver and then went into print and scan settings to try and set it up.. but my printer still doesnt show on my imac? what am i doing wrong? I also bought an airport extreme base station, can i use it to connect my (already wifi printer) instead? I also bought it because I thought I could use it to print from my ipad also.. Please help.. Im getting no where...

Can't connect my Canon Wireless Printer to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.