Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting error message 923-0 when sending text messages to friend. We both have iPhones.

I keep getting an error message 923-0 when trying to text friend. I have correct number. How do I get texts to go through

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:10 PM

This might help http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/420800

2 replies

Nov 4, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Kmankowski

I am using the following to get around the problem and it's working for me so far:

1. Make sure the phone number of the recipient's contact entry has 10 digits. If not, add area code to it.

2. Use the 'compose' icon (pen on the square, on the upper right corner of the 'Messages' screen) to start a new message. Do not use any existing threads where you have no control over what number to use.

3. Enter the recipient's name. Matching entries will be listed below.

4. Pick the one with 10-digit phone number

I keep getting error message 923-0 when sending text messages to friend. We both have iPhones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.