Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1.3 now available

What you guys can say about this update?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2, Beast

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 10:45 PM

13 replies

Mar 19, 2013 11:58 PM in response to GuardianPW

Do not update to 6.1.3!

Updated iPhone 5 fine. Same thing happened to my iPad as Punky71s' iPhone. I back up proir to any update. Started update, download, and update. I noticed illustration on iPad showing USB cable arrow to iTunes icon. In iTunes. It told me to connect iPad to iTunes during process. After reconnecting cable, it said I must restore. Trashed the iPad. Then iTunes asked to set up as new or restore. Tried restore from minutes old bckup, after half an hour I get splash screen say backup was corrupt. I'm ******. It's now been over an hour syncing every app I ever downloaded, only a quarter on the progress bar done.

Get you act together Apple.

Mar 20, 2013 12:20 AM in response to GuardianPW

that's a little awkward for your apple devices guys,if it happens to mine too I might get that same reaction too. I think for iPad,iPod should go to an OTA update instead of connecting it to PC then back up and Update, but you should have a stable WiFi connection on you or you find your gadgets doomed.

I just updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1.3 OTA and seem to have the same performance like it has on 6.1.2; haven't lost any data at all.

Mar 23, 2013 1:56 AM in response to Richard Rega

Same thing happened to my iPad 3, but my wife's update went fine. I went to "Restore Backup" in iTunes from the back up I did prior to installing the update and it did not restore from the most recent back up apparently.

The worst part about this now is I have lost 2 weeks worth of photos from a recent trip to Europe that were on my iPad and backed up on to my computer just prior to doing the update. (at least according to iTunes info on the iPad)

I figured that I would be able to go back to this last back up when I had time after traveling so I wasn't too worried about things until I plugged in my iPad via USB and iTunes started a new back up which is fine, though I knew I wouldn't use it. When it was complete, I selected "Retore Backup" having seen the backup date prior to this one under the button. When I went to the drop down, the back up I did prior to installing 6.1.3 was not there!!

Today I hate Apple...

Any suggestions out there... anyone?

Thank you~

Mar 25, 2013 12:56 AM in response to GuardianPW

i did the update and it told me to plug my phone into itunes.

i do and then its telling me on itunes my phone needs to be restored...

i cant do anything. no phone calls. no texts. music. NOTHING.

just a screen that says plug into itunes and it doesnt change from that screen at all.

if i restore i will lose everything.

***. i'm livid.

anyone know a way around this? PLEASE HELP.

Mar 26, 2013 5:01 PM in response to sambo_22

Same here... 😟 the update stucked my iPhone 3GS into recovery mode... I tried to restore from iTunes but everytime it finishes downloading the IPSW firmware, it then prompts an error telling me that the file was damaged during the download (even after 14 attempts, 30 minutes to 2 hours each, no joke :@).

I also tried to download the IPSW file without iTunes for a manual update, and it lead me to an "error 14"... The different solutions provided by Apple's support link for this error did not help at all !

I never had such an issue before and it's VERY, AWFULLY annoying.

I have spent 4 days trying to solve this problem (even by using different computers, MAC or PC) without obtaining any positive result...

Now I just want to buy some apples and crush them for breakfast !

iOS 6.1.3 now available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.