Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to configure iphone when touch screen wont respond

my touch screen wont work. I plugged into laptop and it restored and now wantsa to set up new iphone but the slide to configure wont work because the touch screen isnt working. any ideas

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 12:08 PM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2013 12:15 PM in response to bowlingbabe

I took it into the store and they said they couldnt do any software updates and they wanted me to trade in phone and pay for another since it is 43 days out of waranty. I couldnt do anything with touchscreen until I plugged in laptop and it said it couldnt do anything because passcode was on but I replugged several times and it finally backed up and restored but now Im stuck again with phone screen saying to slide to configure phone and it wont slide. is the any other way to confifure the phone. also before i did set up new iphone it restored info i already had but said it didnt recognize my email address????

how to configure iphone when touch screen wont respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.