Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad/ location can't be found by any map!

I am lost. Please help :-)

My Location services do not work properly. They are all on, but my iPad can't be located.

Neither on my maps, nor city maps 2 go, nor google earth, nor glympsy.

What else could it be besides the settings for location services? With my iphone it all works perfectly! Oh and it did work the other day.

Thank you!

Jil

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:58 PM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2013 8:10 PM in response to JJKinNY

From the iPad User Manual:

Important: Maps, directions, 3D, Flyover, and location-based apps depend on data services. These data services are subject to change and may not be available in all areas, resulting in maps, directions, 3D, Flyover, or location-based information that may be unavailable, inaccurate, or incomplete. Compare the information provided on iPad to your surroundings, and defer to posted signs to resolve any discrepancies. Some Maps features require Location Services. See Privacy on page 118.

The Wi-Fi iPad is at the mercy of the Wi-Fi provider giving accurate location.

It's quite different from the way the iPhone gets location data.

Mar 20, 2013 10:03 PM in response to JJKinNY

i have the same problem when i came back from singapore. i purchased my ipad there and the locator works well untill i came home here on my home country. the weird part is im pointing in the location in singapore where ive never been. anyway ive done everything suggested but none of them works. but when i was on the mall and connected on the wifi there suddenly my location is accurate again. I just guess my wifi router had something to do with it. i cant remember but i have read something about that. yes, my router is also from singapore...try to connect to a different wifi away from your house...

My iPad/ location can't be found by any map!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.