Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4s shut off and won't turn back on? My lock button is broken, so I can not reboot it.

As I said, my lock button has broken so I can not use that to reboot it. My iPhone was charging when it shut off, i locked it and walked away from my phone for a few seconds and when I came back to unlock it, it was completely unresponcive. I use my phone to talk to all my friends and listen to music, please help asap. Also, I tried plugging it into my computer and it just won't do anything. Is my iPhone literally just, dead?

iPhone 4S, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:32 PM

5 replies

Mar 21, 2013 7:34 PM in response to MadisonW1

You can try and let the phone sit for a period and then try connecting it again to the power source. If that doesn't work, I cannot think of another solution. The only way to reset the phone in a case such as this is to old the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. However, since you say the sleep/wake button doesn't work, then there is no alternative. I'm puzzled though when you say that you locked the phone and walked away. If the lock button doesn't work, how did you do that?

My iPhone 4s shut off and won't turn back on? My lock button is broken, so I can not reboot it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.