Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded Cydia. Then I went into the Cydia app and downloaded Dreamboard. I switched the home screen to an Andriod screen. The itouch then froze, and started rebooting itself. I wasn't able to get control. Tried to restore, get error 3014. Ideas?

I downloaded Cydia. Then I went into the Cydia app and downloaded Dreamboard. I switched the home screen to an Andriod screen. The itouch then froze, and started rebooting itself. I wasn't able to get control. Tried to restore, get error 3014. Ideas?

I have tried to restore the device but get stopped at the point the computer is trying to start restoring the device (after it has downloaded the software. Error message 3014. I have taken all the steps recommended to troubleshoot error message 3014 but nothing worked.

Now the device shows a chord pointing toward the itunes icon. Totally stuck at this point. Any advice you can give me to complete the restore would be appreciated!

iPod touch, iOS 4.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:03 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2013 9:03 PM in response to deggie

Thank you for replying. This actually my 13 year-old son's itouch. He did this without really understanding what he was doing. He heard some kids at school talking about it. There was no malcious intent. I'm trying to help him get his device back to the way it was. He'll never do such a thing again.

I googled DFU mode and tried to follow the steps that were recommended on various sites. Nothing worked. I am still getting the error message 3014 during the restore process.

Any further advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.