Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 screen goes black to the white apple logo screen repeatedly. I tried resetting, recovering, etc.

I restarted my iPad and it never turned back on. The screen shows the white apple logo, then goes to a black (still lit) screen to the black off screen. This repeats over and over. I have tried connecting it to a charge, my computer, and tried to restarting it again. I tried to restore my iPad manually, but no luck. I have not updated to the new software yet.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2013 9:22 PM in response to jdgarcia

I am having same sort of problem...ipad 2 crashes constantly.....Paid to have it Restored today ( senior citizen, not too puter savvy) hoping to fix it but it is still crashing....Just goes to apple logo and then after a min it comes back on but soon crashes. I can be just looking at my contacts and off it goes again. Can't think of anything else to do. What could be causing this. A virus??

My iPad 2 screen goes black to the white apple logo screen repeatedly. I tried resetting, recovering, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.