Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer tether ipad mini to iPhone 4 after updating the iPhone 4 to iOS 6.1.3

I have just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6.1.3 and I can no longer tether my ipad mini to my iPhone 4, I can do it with wifi, but no longer Bluetooth

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 4:20 AM

11 replies

Mar 24, 2013 10:24 AM in response to diesel vdub

when i connect to my iphone 4 wifi hotspot via bluetooth via the ipad mini, the ipad mini tells me to make sure the iphone 4 is wthin range, as the ipad mini bluetooth signal only comes up on the iphone 4 for a short amount of time, when i press connect on the iphone 4, it says that the iphone 4 no longer upports the bluetooth to the ipad mini, even though it worked before the update

Mar 27, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Baywatch95

I am also having tethering problems with my AT&T IPhone5. I no longer see the option to turn it on and off and I cannot tether my MBAir using either USB or Wifi. Have not ever used bluetooth. Turned the phone on and off to no avail.

Am on the road in North Dakota (currently using a Verison USB card) and have 5 bars and 4G with AT&T on the iPhone. IS thisa known issue?

Paul

Mar 30, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Paul Kleeberg

Well, I discovered that with the upgrade, since I had tethering turned off (I turn it off when I do not need it) it removed the switch from the Settings screen and I had to go to Settings => General => Cellular => Personal Hotspot to turn it on. Now the ability to turn it on and off is in the Settings screen again.

Sheesh! Hope this helps someone else.

Paul

Apr 1, 2013 2:31 PM in response to Baywatch95

I also have problems with Bluetooth tethering between my iPhone5 and my iPad. BOTH have the iOS 6.1.3 update. Bluetooth tethering worked flawlessly prior to the update. I can get a momentary connection when I try to tether but it drops right away. The iPhone never acknowledges the iPad as using the hotspot. I have no issues with Bluetooth to other devices (BOSE,Jawbone speakers,my car). Also, if I tether via wifi, all is good. I have not tried 'Reset Network Settings'. I will try tonight.

May 9, 2013 9:22 AM in response to Baywatch95

I have the same exact problem. I used to have the Personal Hotspot in my ipad mini and after the iOS 6.1.3 update it's gone. My ipad is wifi only so it desn't have the cellular data option so I can't go into it and turn anything on. The bluetooth is not working either. Did all the suggestions and still it's not there. So frustrating!

APPLE - please fix this!

Can no longer tether ipad mini to iPhone 4 after updating the iPhone 4 to iOS 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.