Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a old ipad lead that I use to play my iPod thru the car stereo. I just bought the ipad mini with the new connector. I then bought a connector off the Internet to convert the ipad mini to the old ipad connector but it doesn't play thru the car stere

Mini ipad connection to car

I have the old connection in my car for the iPod. I bought the ipad mini with the new connection. I then bought a connector from the Internet to adapt my car to the new connector. Plugged in my mini ipad n no sound thru the stereo. The sound still came thru the ipad. Any solutions?

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 8:05 AM

What kind of connector do you need to connect to your car?if it is USB purchase an Apple lightning to USB connector and not one from a different maker.

If it is a special type of connector try contacting the manufacturer to see if they make one with a lightning connector.

2 replies

Mar 24, 2013 8:32 AM in response to Smartplay100

I then bought a connector from the Internet to adapt my car to the new connector.

If you are refering to a knock off copy of the Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter

These are unlicenced copies and there are many reports of them charging

but not playing audio

The GENUINE Apple item does play audio and charge ,I have several all work fine

I have a old ipad lead that I use to play my iPod thru the car stereo. I just bought the ipad mini with the new connector. I then bought a connector off the Internet to convert the ipad mini to the old ipad connector but it doesn't play thru the car stere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.