Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My TV is in the basement and the Mac upstairs. With the Trackpad and keyboard I have full use downstairs but the mouse keeps disconnecting. Am I pushing the distance limit?

My TV is in the basement and the Mac upstairs. With the Trackpad and keyboard I have full use downstairs but the mouse keeps disconnecting. Am I pushing the distance limit?

iMac, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:20 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2013 10:32 AM in response to GreggT62

Can you tell us which iMac variant you have and what version of the Mac OS is installed? "iOS 6.1.3" is not a computer OS--runs only on Apple's iDevices. Doing "About this Mac" from your Apple menu will show the OS version, probably 10.something, and the processor information is a great start to finding which of the four broad familes of iMacs you have

I ask becasue I think you have a newer iMac than this forum covers. An Apple Magic Trackpad runs only under OS10.6.5 or higher and the pre-2006 iMacs this forum covers cannot run that high an OS version.

If your processor description includes the word "Intel," we can get your post moved to an more active forum that matches you computer version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.