Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent apps from changing my ipad mini volume?

Apps such as games, video, etc., change my ipad volume by themselves. E.g., if I have the volume set low because, for instance, the baby is sleeping, I don't want a video, a game or such pumping it back up arbitrarily. It seems there should be a setting to turn this off, but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

Chris

IPad Mini-OTHER, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2013 11:46 AM in response to chrisni

Check the app settings in whatever app you are using and see if it has a volume setting. But even if it does, as far a as I know, those in app settings are only using the device volume settings anyway, so I'm not sure that would do any good.

I know that when I am done watching a movie on my iPad, when I return to normal use, it increases the volume on its own and I have to turn the volume down again if it is too loud.

Mar 24, 2013 4:48 PM in response to chrisni

I really didn't think that it would as I alluded to in my post.

I don't know why some apps do this. Like I said, when I go to the videos app and watch a movie, TV show, video ...even for just a few seconds....when I leave the app and go into another app...for instance while typing this response to you, the keyboard clicks are decidedly louder. The volume increases on its own like you are seeing.

How do I prevent apps from changing my ipad mini volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.