Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 battery life great after ios 6.1.3 update

Hello Folks,

Created this thread so that people know that not every iPhone 5 has a bad battery issue.

I got the iPhone 5 32 GB Unlocked version last week and i was going through all the forums checking the battery issues people had since updating their iOS version. I saw that a lot of people have issues with their battery which put me on backfoot for upgrading the OS.

Then too i took the leap of faith with the thought that it is "Apple!!" a premium brand.. And i am glad i did. Now i know a lot of people had issues with the ios 6.1.3 Upgrade. But for me it was smooth. When i got the phone i was by default on 6.0.2 and battery life was ok. It was les than ATT Galaxy S3 i had before as in they battery used to die in 14-16 hours which was not bad i would say.

Since i upgraded, it was on 100% in the night at 12:30 AM. I woke up, and it was still 100%. So stand by battery is super awesome after the upgrade. As for the usage now, it is 4:30 PM here in NY and the battery is about 55%. The stats that i see is 17 hours stand by time and 6 hours usage. So i beleive my battery life is improved. Also my LTE is off as we dont have it in Long Island.

In the night I was on Wifi, I am in office now and wifi is disabled, listened to an hour of music on spotify, notifications are off for all the useless apps, mail frequency is 1 hour, use whatsapp a lot. Thats it.

So atleast for me, the upgrade was a beneifit. And the battery life has difinitely improved.

PS: I have not created the thread to poke people with battery issues, just an FYI to people that not everyone is having battery issues. 🙂 Peace....

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 1:40 PM

1 reply

Iphone 5 battery life great after ios 6.1.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.