Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 is stuck in recovery mode

My iphone 5 is stuck in recovery mode.

Last week i took my iphone 5 to the genius bar as it kept powering off randomly. The technician recovered my phone and instructed me to do so if the problem happens again. The technician informed me that if the problem conitued to occur, I would have to swap my phone for a new one under the 1 year warranty. Of course, on my first day of traveling on a two week work trip, my phone began powering off randomly. Upon plugging into the USB on my laptop, itunes recommended the recovery. I began the process and now my itunes reads, "waiting for iphone" after downloading updated software & extracting it. The screen on the iphone displays the apple logo and an empty status bar. This has been this way for 8 hours.

There is no genius bar near my work trip. I have 12 days remaining here with no phone. What can i do?

-Teddy

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 9:15 AM

Try putting the iPhone into DFU mode by doing the following :

Hold the home and power button for 10 seconds.

Let go of the power button, but KEEP HOLDING the home button until iTunes has reconized your iPhone.

And then click 'Restore'. It will restore the device & maybe update the iPhone, if the iPhone isn't updated already.

Hope this helped!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 9:15 AM in response to TeddyP

Try putting the iPhone into DFU mode by doing the following :

Hold the home and power button for 10 seconds.

Let go of the power button, but KEEP HOLDING the home button until iTunes has reconized your iPhone.

And then click 'Restore'. It will restore the device & maybe update the iPhone, if the iPhone isn't updated already.

Hope this helped!

Mar 26, 2013 4:11 PM in response to Clueful

I was able to execute this process, but it still did not complete. Itunes finally went a couple of steps farther in the resotre process. It went from "extracting software" through its different phases and stopped at "verifying iphone restore with apple". It acts as if it completed the verify and then before going to the next step, it just pops up a prompt saying, " This iphone cannot be restored (error 9)".

I have repeatedly received error code 2009 until i executed this process. Seems like this was an improvement though.

Thank you and anything else???

My iphone 5 is stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.