Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iphone charge when plugged into an electrical outlet?

When I plug my iPhone 4S into my computer, my car, or another computer it will charge. However it will not charge when connected to an electrical outlet. It does not make the beep nor does it indicate charging when connected to an electrical outlet. I have tried multiple cables, multiple plugs, and multiple outlets to no avail. What should I do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 1:31 PM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2013 3:13 AM in response to paulcb

Yes I have. At least 4 different adapters, 4 different cables, and 5 different outlets at different locations. It always works with my computers (tried 2) and even will communicate with my Wahoo Fitness Bike Sensor Pack. Overnight, it dropped from nearly 90% to 35% power. I am going to do a complete backup and restore to see if that helps.

Any other thoughts? I have only had it 4 months and was purchased at Best Buy. If I don't get anything working should I contact Best Buy first before Apple?

Thanks for all your help and insight.

Why won't my iphone charge when plugged into an electrical outlet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.