Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm volume too low - iPhone 4S / iOS 6.1

Hi,

I use the standard iOS alarm, and put my phone into DND mode overnight (manually). The alarm still goes off in the morning, but the volume is inconsistent, even though I set the Ringer and Alerts volume to the max. I have vibration turned on as well, and it actually saved my bacon this morning, as the alarm volume was VERY low.

I usually listen to podcasts before I go to sleep, but always do the following before going to sleep:

• Unplug headphones
  • Return to the home screen
  • Go to settings to manually turn on DND mode
  • Return to the home screen
  • Max the ringer volume with the volume + button
  • Plug in the charger and hear the charging chime (quite loud)
  • Lock the screen and hear the lock sound (again, quite loud)

Yesterday the alarm volume was about half. This morning it was at the lowest volume. Seems inconsistent.

Anyone else havuing this problem?

Thanks,

Todd

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 10:53 AM

There are no replies.

Alarm volume too low - iPhone 4S / iOS 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.