Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad can't get past icloud sign in page

I used to be able to get to icloud on my iPad, but now it asks me if I want to set up icloud on this device. I followed the FAQ, and upgraded the OS, and all of the other suggestions, but to no avail. Help...

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 4:07 PM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2013 4:14 PM in response to World Famous Rahim

I don't know how you used to be able to log into iCloud.com on your iPad unless you were using another browsers and identifying as a desktop version.

You cannot log into iCloud.com using Safari on the iPad. It will not work. I think that Apple must believe that there is no reason for you to log into iCloud.com on your own iPad because everything that you can find in iCloud.com is already on your iPad.

Mar 28, 2013 4:28 PM in response to World Famous Rahim

As fars as I know, amnd I am quite sure of this, that has never been possible using Safari. Users on the forum have moaned about about it since the inception of iCloud. You can do it in Safari desktop on a computer, but you could never do it in mobile Safari. It is possible using other browsers that can identify as desktop browsers, but results are somewhat unreliable in using those browsers.

The point is that everything that you need to access in iCloud.com is already on your iPad, including the Find My iPad app. Your contacts, calendar, email, notes, photo stream, documents .... Everything that you can access in iCloud.com is already on the iPad.

Mar 31, 2013 5:47 PM in response to Coffeegal04

The iPad was never designed to be a multi user device. If it was, you would be able to setup multiple user accounts on it. And the idea behind iCloud is to use it to keep all of your stuff in sync on your devices, it wasn't really designed to check your stuff on another iPad, since the iPad was designed as a single user device.

You can do that on a computer and you can do it using another browser on the iPad, but you just can't do it using Safari.

iPad can't get past icloud sign in page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.