Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play either delete some songs on iPad

Well I don't remember if a had this problem before updating to iOS 6 or after but some of my songs on the iPad library won't play and I can't either delete them. There are like 8 songs that won't play, if a select on of those songs nothing happens not even the album image (artwork) appears and after that it jumps to the next song. When I select on of those songs it takes like 10 sec to play another song like if it gets stuck. Even if I accidentally tap on one of those error songs and then I tap another one that plays it takes time to respond. The worst thing is that I can't even delete them, I was planing to delete them so I could download them later and the red spot doesn't appears when I move finger from left to right. Not even on my iTunes. I connected the iPad to sync every song but instead I erased every song and a went back to the iPad library and only those 8 songs were still there. Is this a joke? Someone else has this problem? Please respond

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 10:42 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Jesse 21A

I had the same problem you are having and got it solved. In fact, this also helped me solving the " iTunes cannot backup ... because a backup can't be saved on the computer" I long had!

My issue was related to iMatch.

I had deleselected iMatch on the configuration on my iPad, waited until it synched, and then deleted all other songs yet on my library. After all cleaned up, accessing the Music app would give the message "no songs...".

Then I re-selected iMatch and waited for it to sync again. A few minutes later, to my surprise, there were all the very same songs. They showed up as download and once again, they couldn't be deleted nor played. This was cleary a iMtach bug!

I went to my Mac and opened iTunes. I located those few songs that wouldn't play or couldn't be deleted in the iPad on my iTunes Master library. I notice that their Cloud icon had an exclamation mark on. I simply copied them to another folder (just select and move it to your desktop or folder), then I asked to delete it each one of them both from my library as well as iMatch. To do this you have to select the option "hide from iMatch" or something like it.

As I was doing it, I could see them synching and disapearing from my iPad at the same time. Finally I got rid of them!

As result, I could also finally backup my iPad.

I am still working on getting theses songs backs to my list, I will either rip again from my CDs or just move them back from the folder I initially saved them.

Hope that helps!

Can't play either delete some songs on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.