Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In my initial setup I entered the wrong Wi-Fi network password. touching the "settings" choice, I cannot get back to the password I entered to change it. iPad 4 w/ retinal display.

JUst bought iPad 4 w/retinal display. In setting up I entered the wrong Wi-Fi- network password. After being rejected, I was given the screen option of resetting or choosing anothe network. I choose reset, BUT I cannot get back to the wrong password to change it. Since the iPad is NOT set up I cannot get to the "settings" to change the password either. Does anyone have an idea to get inside this thing and change the password while the iPad is NOT "setup"??

iPad

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 11:08 AM

7 replies

Mar 29, 2013 12:41 PM in response to genecbehl

Restart or reboot the iPad and start all over again. If that doesn't work, try activating it in iTunes. You may have to restore the iPad first, before you can activate it. I'm not sure if you can restore it if it hasn't been setup. But if nothing else will work, try it.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

In my initial setup I entered the wrong Wi-Fi network password. touching the "settings" choice, I cannot get back to the password I entered to change it. iPad 4 w/ retinal display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.