Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4S screen broken without being cracked

Tonight a coffee cafe, I dropped my iPhone 4 from the counter to the ground, which was around six feet. (I was without a case, by the way. Coincidentally, I left the house asking if I should bring it or not.) I picked up, the phone laying screen-first. Nothing was cracked, and I put in my pocket. Afterwards, I was drinking my coffee, and I noticed the screen only showed a blue, fairly dim light. I can still receive calls, texts, and that stuff, but can't see anything.

Is this a common problem with iPhone screens breaking? I'm always careful about my devices (which, surprisingly, I'm not terribly upset about being without an iPhone. I've become addicted to it as of lately), and needed some help regarding this issue.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 1:15 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2013 3:40 PM in response to Rana El Shahawi

The iPhone 4S front screen assembly is a factory fused part with three distinct components. Any or all can be broken or cracked. There is the Front Screen Glass, then the Digitizer Glass, then the LCD Display which is also surfaced by glass. The Front Screen is what you touch, the Digitizer responds to the touch, the LCD Display is what shows on screen when the iPhone is active. Each is glass, so each can be cracked. The Digitizer and LCD Display can also be broken, in addition to being cracked.

Iphone 4S screen broken without being cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.