Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has too much data stored on it, but it won't unsync the data either

So the time has come after taking many pictures, and downloading many apps, that my iphone has too much data on it. So I want to clear up some space inorder that I may continue downloading new apps and taking new pictures. I've decided that the first things I don't need synced to my phone from my Mac would be the pictures stored on here (the mac) and the podcasts I've already listened to. BUT when I unselected them from itunes, I just get a message saying something along the lines of "Won't sync, there isn't enough space" (and then it proceeds to tell me I need 308 MB of extra room). I've tried everything I can think of, but I still don't know how to unsync my 3.6 GB worth of extra pictures I don't need! Can anyone provide me with some insight in how to go about doing this?

EDIT: This error message is coming up while I have my phone plugged into the computer

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 3:18 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2013 5:36 AM in response to TianaMaryHelena

Are you sure that the warning message is referring to your iPhone and not the computer itself?

Note that you can delete photos from the Camera Roll and songs from your Music on the iPhone itself. You don't need a computer to do this.

To delete photos, open the Camera Roll in Photos, select Edit, touch the photos you wish to delete and then touch Delete.

To delete songs, swipe across the name of the song and then touch the red Delete that appears.

Unused Apps can also be deleted by touching and holding on an app icon until the app icons begin to jiggle and an "X" appear at their corner. Touch the "X" to delete each unwanted app.

My iPhone has too much data stored on it, but it won't unsync the data either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.