Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iphone 5 with the new firmware 6.1.3 during a call does not go off the smartphone screen. In what could be the reason?

Iphone new 8 days, light sensor responds to light normally

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 12:25 PM

12 replies

Mar 31, 2013 12:54 PM in response to Oniplay

Do you have any protective case or protective film attached to your phone? If yes, make sure it does not cover the proximity sensor of the phone. It is located next to the receiver on the top of the front side.

Also try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. If you proximity sensor did not work properly before, it should after the reset.

You will not lose data by resetting your device.

Mar 31, 2013 1:10 PM in response to Oniplay

Oniplay wrote:

I tried to restart, the problem still remains.

Make sure you do a reset, not a restart. Press and hold both buttons, ignore the "slide to turn off" message and let go of the buttons after the Apple logo shows up on the screen.

If you did that and it did not bring any change, try to set it up as new device, as explained in this article:

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

If it does not work the first time, try not to use the backup afterwards in a second attempt, in case it contains corrupt data.

If still no luck, get it serviced:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Apr 4, 2013 7:25 AM in response to diesel vdub

Then please answer the following question. If this is a bug or a bug in the new device in the country in which it is purchased, whether it is a "factory fault" and is a replacement for a new device, or they must like that to solve this error?

If I can take it to the store where purchased, the seller is obliged to replace my device under warranty or a problem in the warranty is not included? I would not want to carry in normal service your iphone that it was disassembled and repaired.

Sorry for my strange English

Apr 4, 2013 7:46 AM in response to Oniplay

Let's clarify a few things.

The device was not ordered from America, certainly not from Apple. Apple will not ship outside the country.

Take the issue up with whomever the device was actually purchased from.

Warranty and support are only valid in the country of origin. There is not debate or discussion on this, it is fact.

If you have a US iPhone and want warranty support, then it is up to you to get the device to the US for support. Apple will not accept shipments from outside the country or return ship outside the country.

This is the risk that everyone takes when purchasing a device outside the country where it is intended to be used and why so many of us discourage this behaviour.

Sellers are under no obligation to replace/repair unless they specifically provide a warranty. In this case, Apple provides the warranty.

New iphone 5 with the new firmware 6.1.3 during a call does not go off the smartphone screen. In what could be the reason?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.