Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle files transferred to the iPad don't show up in the Kindle App

Hi,

OK, so I purchased a book through a kickstarter project. The author provided a DRM-free copy of the book in a couple of reader formats including .azw and .mobi.

I have both a Kindle and an iPad. I used the Kindle's USB connector to copy the .azw file over to the Kindle. I disconnected the Kindle, started it up, and the book is there no problem I can start reading.

So now I want to transfer the book to my iPad so I can read it through the Kindle app.

I connect the iPad to my MacBook and open up iTunes.

In iTunes, I see that the iPad is connected and I open it up.

I go to Apps and scoll down to File Sharing.

I select Kindle and add the .azw file to the list of files shared to that app.

I hit sync.

When I disconnect and open up the Kindle app, I don't see the book I've transferred over.

I try the .mobi version and it doesn't show up either.

I have done this with other books so I'm a bit surprised this one didn't transfer.

So my questions:

1.) Any other tricks for getting the Kindle app to see the book I've transferred to the ipad.

2.) If the Kindle app can't read the book, is there a way I can remove the files from my iPad? File sharing only allows for add and save but it doesn't appear to allow for deletion of files.

Thanks

Tom

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 11:06 AM

You have 'all items' selected at the top of the Kindle app ?

You can delete the book via the file sharing section in iTunes, just select it and press the delete button on your keyboard and you should get an option to delete it.

Have you tried emailing it to the email address that is associated with your kindle ereaders/apps ? Tap the cogwheel icon at the botton right of the Kindle screen to open its settings and you should see a email address - you can then try emailing the book to that and see if it appears on the device/cloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2013 11:06 AM in response to bluegargantua

You have 'all items' selected at the top of the Kindle app ?

You can delete the book via the file sharing section in iTunes, just select it and press the delete button on your keyboard and you should get an option to delete it.

Have you tried emailing it to the email address that is associated with your kindle ereaders/apps ? Tap the cogwheel icon at the botton right of the Kindle screen to open its settings and you should see a email address - you can then try emailing the book to that and see if it appears on the device/cloud

Kindle files transferred to the iPad don't show up in the Kindle App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.