Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I called apple support with a question because my camera wasn't working anymore on my Iphone 4s. They wouldn't answer any of my questions until I purchased a tech support package for $99 with an additional $19.98/month fee. I refused to pay so no help.

I called Apple support because my Iphone 4s camera stopped working. Apple support wouldn't answer any questions until I paid $99 with a $19.98/ month fee. I refused to pay that so I received absolutely no help from them. Is this how Apple treats their customers when their phones malfunction?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 9:21 AM

6 replies

Apr 2, 2013 9:35 AM in response to kimbaki

If you were quoted that fee, you did not call Apple but rather were mis-steered by a misleading Google search result to an independent company that has nothing to do with Apple. The company you called often misleads people into thinking they're talking to Apple, but Apple does not charge any monthly fee for support and never has. You can find Apple's actual support phone numbers here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

If your iPhone is beyond the 90-day free phone support period, you will have to pay for the call if it turns out to be a non-warranty issue, but it would be $29 in the US, not $99 and certainly no monthly charge. Or you can make an appointment at an Apple Store and get help at no charge.

Regards.

I called apple support with a question because my camera wasn't working anymore on my Iphone 4s. They wouldn't answer any of my questions until I purchased a tech support package for $99 with an additional $19.98/month fee. I refused to pay so no help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.