Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any apps that are still compatible for my 4.2.1 2g ipod touch?

Im getting really fustrated with not being able to do much with my ipod anymore as there is no more new updates for my ipod. Any suggestions with what i can do?

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 12:32 PM

10 replies

Apr 4, 2013 7:35 PM in response to lllaass

Sorry for the extra post, but I realized that the Google searches in the above two posts are missing something important: the name of the app! So here's what you need to do.

Suppose you want an app which works on iOS 3.0 and which contains the word "marble". Enter the following line in the Google search box:

site:itunes.apple.com/us "requires ios 3.0" marble

You will get a list of marble-related apps which work on your first-generation iPhone.

Keep in mind that this crude search will not return apps whose descriptions say they require a different iOS version; you'll need to do separate searches for those. Also, the "US" in the apple URL restricts it to that country's iTunes store. I found that was necessary.

Apr 5, 2013 12:56 AM in response to Ciara6246

OK, assuming I didn't make any mistakes, here's a Google search which will find every app in the US iTunes store which is compatible with the iPod Touch 2G or iPhone 3G, and which includes the word "turtle". (You can replace "turtle" with any search term you want).

turtle site:itunes.apple.com/us "requires ios 4.2" OR "requires ios 4.1" OR "requires ios 4.0" OR "requires ios 3.2" OR "requires ios 3.1" OR "requires ios 3.0" OR " requires ios 2.2" OR "requires ios 2.1" OR "requires ios 2.0"

Please let me know what you think.

May 21, 2013 3:09 AM in response to Ciara6246

I had also faced the same problem. After weeks of hunting, I found many apps compatible with ios 4.2.1

Gun Bros

Super KO Fight

Gravity Guy

I Must Run

Men vs Machines

Hit Tennis 2

Optime Games

Air Hockey Gold

Real Tennis

Football Kicks

Frisbee Forever

Spy Mouse

Ninjump

Office Jerk: Zombies

The Walking Dead

Angry Birds

Angry Birds Season

Office Jerk: Holidays

Real Skijump

MotoGP 2010

Real Racing GTI 2010

Asphalt Audi RS 3

GTA Chinatown Wars

Max Adventures

Samurai Dojo

Deer Hunter Challenge

Cricket: Defend the Wicket

Airport Madness Control

There are lots more...Some of these games will probably be unavailable as it must've been upgraded

Also check out this site: https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/finding-a pps-for-older-devices

Hope this helps!

Nov 15, 2013 10:34 PM in response to Ciara6246

I have found many apps compitiable with iOS 4.2.1

Angry Birds Seasons
Bubble Burst HD
Lep's World
Lep's World 2
NinJump
NinJump DX
Parking Mania
Sky Burger
Slam Dunk
Spider
Solitire
Stick Cricket

Racing Penguin
Roads of Rome
Talking News

Temple Run

BattreyDoctor

AppsGoneFree
Pic Collage

Facebook

Opera Mini

Google Earth

*There might be more but I have downloaded only these apps till now*

is there any apps that are still compatible for my 4.2.1 2g ipod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.