Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3gs stuck at Apple Logo, only on car charger

I bought a used iphone 3gs

Girl said it was dropped in water, she dried it for a few days in rice, and it will turn on.. but as soon as you remove the cable it turns off. Battery right? So I buy it from her, plug it into my iphone 4 rapid carger and nothing.... I get out my standard iphone charger that I have, and as soon as I plug it in it the logo shows up. So I called the girl.. does it actually turn on, I ask her.... she says yes.. after 20 min it wont turn on.

• I pugged it in 3 different chargers, and docking stations---- Nothing
  • I connect it to cable to computer, it doesn't turn on, Itunes does not open and the comptuer doesn't regonize there is a device.
  • I brought it back out to the car and plugged it in and the apple logo comes on again
  • The wall and docking station are 1.0 amp chargers
  • The car charger is a dual usb charger, if I recall its 1.0 each slot.... it charges ipods, touches 3 and 4 and my iphone 4
  • When I plug it into the dockign station, its almost like I hear a faint clicking noise

Thats all the details I can think about for this problem

It seems like quite the task to take out the battery, and put in a new one... I wanted it as a touch ipod for my bedroom that would simply stay on the charger.

Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 10:45 PM

There are no replies.

3gs stuck at Apple Logo, only on car charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.