Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage full on iphone, but deleted almost everything and grows larger! iPad is fine with same iCloud acct. can I delete iPhone backup then turn it back on without loosing iCloud data?

Icloud storage full. Can I delete my iPhone icloud backup with keeping my iCloud data unharmed (since my iPad has iCloud storage turned on, and I wouldn't be turning iCloud off on my iPad). BTW, I use iTunes for music and photo albums; iCloud for contacts, notes, etc. Then turn iCloud back up back on on iphone to see if I had a problem file and the storage changes?

ICloud storage full. I deleted messages, moved the camera roll to my PC, deleted Safari bookmarks, turned off almost every app in Managing iCloud storage. I turned off the backup, restarted iCloud backup and did a manual backup yet my storage gets larger yet.

Makes no sense. I have a iPhone and iPad. It's the iPhone showing this large iCloud storage 3.6 GB (when the iPad has more apps and only 716MB).

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, D

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 10:54 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2013 1:28 PM in response to BorderCollieMom

ANSWER to my Question above: YES.

I took a chance, as I could find NO information regarding my question, and DELETED MY ICLOUD BACKUP (not my ICLOUD account). I then turned ON my ICLOUD BACKUP and whew! It plummeted from 4.8 GB full out of 5 GB TO: 1.2 GB full out of 5 GB.

I even turned on more settings to back up and it still shows 1.2 GB full in ICLOUD, 3.8 available. No more emails to say I am running out of ICLOUD space.

[For what its worth if others are getting messages their ICLOUD is almost full, and you don't have all that much on ICLOUD. Then when you even delete apps, messages, camera roll, turn off almost ALL icloud back ups and features the ICLOUD backup grows even larger. My ICLOUD kept increasing in size while I was decreasing my ICLOUD storage in Managing storage.]

(All my ICLOUD contacts, notes, Safari bookmarks, were returned in place.)

iCloud storage full on iphone, but deleted almost everything and grows larger! iPad is fine with same iCloud acct. can I delete iPhone backup then turn it back on without loosing iCloud data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.