Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup data on iPad3

Hi everyone!

I just joined this wonderful Forum and I need some help.

I just sold my iPad 3 (for financial reasons) and I want to backup all the data on it so I can eventually load the data to a new iPad when I buy one again.

I have several apps on it such as SetLists, SongwriterPad, Adobe Reader, and the one that I'm most concerned about, Download (a app that downloads videos).

So my first question is if it is possibleto backup all the data on my iPad?

The apps I'm most cncerned about backing up are SetLists and Donload because I have a lot of Lyrics and Chords on Setlists, and lots of instruction videos on Download (about 7GB).

The first thing I tried to do is backup the data on iTunes, but I can't seem to sync the iPad 3 to iTunes.

When I connect the iPad 3, the first window that appears says Autoplay, iPad, and asks if I want to import videos and pictures using Windows (which I did).

When I go to iTunes, it never says the word "Devices" in the left column, nor does it say the iPad 3 is synced to iTunes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 11:25 AM

16 replies

Apr 6, 2013 12:12 PM in response to Diavonex

I'm trying to transfer purchases, and when I follow the instructions given, I get none of the dialog boxes.

When I go to File (on iTunes) and scroll down the options (to find Transfer all Purchases), it doesn't show the iPad 3.

As an aside, even though it's not highlighted, it does show Transfer Purchases from iPod (which is another device I own, but is not connected).

Apr 6, 2013 2:37 PM in response to jerrydpi

I'm trying to transfer purchased apps by this method:

If you want to transfer iTunes Store purchases from an iOS device or iPod to a computer, be sure to authorize the computer before connecting the device. To authorize, follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Store menu, choose Authorize Computer.
  3. In the dialog that appears, the Apple ID button is selected by default.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Authorize button.

But I didn't purchase my apps from the iTunes Store, I purchased them from the apps store.

Is that the same thing, and if so, where is the Store Menu?

Backup data on iPad3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.